Festival is a free event taking place in a public park; all are welcome. Please follow a duty of care to yourself and any others under your supervisor at all times.
It is an outdoor event and you are asked to dress for and prepare for weather.
In the event of a severe weather warning the organisers may deem it appropriate to cancel the event. Please check back here if you think that is a possibility.
In the event of severe weather occurring during the event it may be decided to temporarily, or permanently, stop the event. This would be for safety reasons and you are asked to immediately follow the instructions of stewards in such a scenario.
Lightening is a particular risk in an open space. Because of this if the situation demands the organisers will decide to stop the event and seek an immediate evacuation from the park so visitors can find suitable shelter. Being inside a car with windows closed is deemed to be safe, as are solid building structures (cafes and the like).
If you are caught in lightening the following recommendations have been identified and are passed on:
· Generally be aware of metal objects that can conduct or attract lightning, including umbrellas, bicycles, wire fencing and rails.
· Avoid water and find a low-lying open place that is a safe distance from trees, poles or metal objects. Water will transmit strikes from further away and lightning likes to strike high objects.
· Do not use electronic devices such as radios attached to external antennae or touch metal framing or fencing during a lightning storm.
· If you find yourself in an exposed location squat close to the ground, with hands on knees and with head tucked between them. Try to touch as little of the ground with your body as possible, do not lie down on the ground.
· If you feel your hair stand on end, drop to the above position immediately.
1 SEPT '19
Palmers Green Festival - a non-profit community festival